Re: pango_descr*unset_fields breaks GtkCellRenderer

Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com> writes:
> I believe that there was no intention that this should work before --
> that was just a coincidence. Unset values are _unset_; they have no
> value. (What is the hue of a transparent pixel?)

I intended it to work as it did before, FWIW. If nothing else you want
this in a GUI builder so you aren't tossing data that someone typed
in.

But also it's probably useful e.g. in the cell renderer, to set a
field, and then key off a boolean in the model whether the field is
actually used rather than the default. That's how we avoid having
boolean fields like "italic" as we used to. In fact this is how
gtk-demo works right now, to italicize the open demos.

Havoc