Re: F10 and menubars

"Padraig O'Briain" <Padraig Obriain Sun COM> writes:

> In bug 53543 (KEYNAV:GtkMenubar) Calum requested
>
> ------------- Begin Included Message -------------
>
> Pressing the F10 key when there is a menubar available in the current
> context should give the menubar focus, indicated visually by highlighting
> the title of the first menu in the menubar (but *not* posting the menu).
>
> ------------- End Included Message -------------
>
> Will a patch for GTK 1.3 to achieve this be accepted?

Well, the F10 part already works.

As far as highlighting menu items without selecting the submenu ...
I don't think it's really worth the work that it would take
to implement it ... it's not really a functionality thing, just
a cosmetic detail.

And the result would be inconsistent with the operation of
submenus within a menu, where the posting is automatic.

But if there was a strong belief that this was a lot better than the
current way of doing it, and there was a simple patch to achieve
it, then it would be OK for inclusion.