Re: u/int64 support for glib, status?

On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 12:06:16AM +0200, Tim Janik wrote:
> 2) i don't want to get my head pulled off for making glib/gtk depend hardly
>    on 64bit on a solo ride. so i'd like to see consensus here that we'll
>    make that move and stand by it.

If you study my quad patch (attached to bug #59254) then you'll see
that i make quad the largest integer type available -- even if the
largest type is only 32bit.  In other words, i don't understand why
*glib* has to guarantee that long long is >= 64bits.

Of course, long long should be >= 64bit if possible, but if the
compiler supports a maximum of 32bits then so be it.  99% of existing
code doesn't rely on long long anyway.

My opinion is that glib is only responsible for making it *possible*
to use 64bit integers, if they are available.

--
Victory to the Divine Mother!!
  http://sahajayoga.org