Re: u/int64 support for glib status?
- From: Erik Walthinsen <omega temple-baptist com>
- To: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
- Cc: <vishnu pobox com>, <gtk-devel-list gnome org>, <timj gtk org>
- Subject: Re: u/int64 support for glib status?
- Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 15:06:31 -0700 (PDT)
On 19 Sep 2001, Owen Taylor wrote:
> - I don't see it as a real pressing API lack compared to other
> issues we have.
Not having int64 support in glib2.0 means that GStreamer will have to ship
with a patched version of glib2.0, which neither you nor I want. There is
simply no way around that. Without it, glib2.0 cannot be made the basis
for anything that deals with high-resolution time, or large files. Seems
a rather large deal to me.
Please, someone determine one way or another, finally, whether all targets
support int64, or it has to be made conditional. I don't have the
compilers in question, or I would go find out.
Erik Walthinsen <omega temple-baptist com> - System Administrator
/ \ GStreamer - The only way to stream!
| | M E G A ***** http://gstreamer.net/ *****
] [Thread Prev