Re: Win32 patches, again

At 22:00 18.09.01 +0400, phil krylov wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I already sent this letter to the list, but that went unnoticed.

Sorry for not answering earlier, but your patch at least got noticed.
I simply haven't found the time to comment on it yet.

>I have successfully built the current snapshot of gtk+ on Win32
>platform using mingw compiler.
A fast scanning of your patch gives me the impression that the
only thing special to mingw are actually the makefiles. Everything
else should be resolved by my 'standard commits' for the win32 build
(done with msvc). But my next commit will not appear before the next
weekend, so please be a little patient :-)

>That involved patching of modules atk,
>glib, gtk+ and pango. The patches are attached. Maybe one of Win32
>glib/gtk+ developers can apply them to CVS?

There are some smaller issues with the patch:

atk\atk\makefile.mingw	Wed Sep 12 01:34:52 2001
- The comment should be adapted to mingw
- Atk does not depend on
 $(GDK_LIBS) $(GDK_PIXBUF_LIBS) $(LIBICONV_LIBS)

gtk+\gtk\gtkplug.c gtk+\gtk\gtksocket.c
  Should be excluded from all non X builds as long Owen does
not allow to patch it :). I once have done a mostly working
implementation for win32, which is pending in bugzilla (you
seem to have copied and adapted the code from the
gtk+-win32-production branch).

gtk+\tests\makefile.mingw
  PTHREADS shouldn't be required anymore because of the native
win32 gthread implementation. Though the testthreads program
currently relies on PTHREADS. A patch correcting this would
probably accepted by the Gtk maintainers.

Thanks,
	Hans