Re: Recent changes to gdk-pixbuf break full build of gtk+

on 9/16/01 8:13 PM, Raja R Harinath at harinath cs umn edu wrote:

> Even better, switch to automake 1.5 and just use BUILT_SOURCES.

Two cautions here.

First, it's not "switch to automake 1.5", but rather "require anyone
building gtk+ from cvs to switch to automake 1.5". Everything else being
equal, it's nice that the gtk+ maintainers don't require the latest of
everything (although I do use automake 1.5).

Second, does automake 1.5 fix the design problem where BUILT_SOURCES are
built when you do a "make clean"? If not, I would probably still recommend
against using BUILT_SOURCES.

    -- Darin