Re: gtk_text_buffer_delete_interactive

Tim Janik <timj gtk org> writes:
> i don't think it makes much sense to be too restrictive about API changes
> in the new widgets, i.e. text and tree view.
> it's only now (or very recently) that people start using those widgets
> with our prereleases, so necessary API changes should be paid much
> attention to for the newly added code portions.
> that being said, i don't have enough information to judge the
> issue at hand, but i'd like to sensitize you for the fact that the
> major part of API review for our new widgets is yet to come (of course
> i also don't want anymore random shuffeling of APIs going on, but we
> meant to provide _suitable_ replacements for GtkText and GtkCTree with
> 2.0, right? ;)

Point taken, but at the same time any significant changes will hose
our schedule and the GNOME 2 schedule. So we are going to have to go
with what we have for the most part. If we wanted better API testing,
then the general freeze should have been finished sooner; sadly that
didn't happen. So some backward-incompatible changes may be required
to fix API problems in future releases.

This particular change is small, but it isn't immediately obvious to
me what the right way to do it is, so it does require some time to
sort it out.

Havoc