Re: selected item in TreeView

On Mon, 10 Sep 2001, Alex Larsson wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Sep 2001, Tim Janik wrote:
>
> > hi jrb,
> >
> > did you recently change the color of the selected item
> > from blue to gray for the treeview? this is mildly confusing
> > to say the least, as it makes the widget look insensitive.
> > for gtk the standard color for selected items is blue,
> > so what's the point in this change?
>
> It's only supposed to do that for unfocused widgets.
> It's for consistancy with my patch that makes unfocused selections in text
> widgets be gray.

gray definitely is not a good color for that, in UIs where
text widgets or tree views are not focussable (e.g.
if a text view is just used for viewing, not editing, or
a treeview is used to select notebook pages), these widgets
always look insensitive, even if you click on them.
and it kinda defeats conveying the message that you can click
on them in the first place.

something else needs to be done here, e.g. using a lighter blue
or somesuch.

> / Alex

---
ciaoTJ