Re: glib-1.3.7 on Darwin

On Sunday, September 9, 2001, at 07:24  pm, Havoc Pennington wrote:

config.guess is just created by autoconf - it's not a file we
maintain. So this change needs to go upstream to the autoconf
people. They might already have such a fix, in which case the issue is
that we need to upgrade the autoconf used to create the GLib
distribution.

it is in autoconf-2.50, but if you don't want to upgrade to it (it could cause problems) then I see no harm in applying the patch.

i am having various problems with building gtk+-1.3.7 on Darwin. Building with --disable-shared caused problems, but re-running make appears to have just continued past it. Weird... There are other problems with building with shared libraries (if the same library is specified twice during a final dynamic library link, as it is here, the linker will complain about duplicate symbols).

Porting to Quartz will prove difficult if it won't build in the first place :-)

And what's up with the version numbering scheme? Some places refer to 1.3, others to 2.0, and I've even seen a reference or two to 1.4.

 -- Finlay