Re: Pango global font aliases

Around 22 o'clock on Sep 8, Alex Larsson wrote:

> I'm not sure how this integrates with the work keith mentioned. Can we use
> the XFree fontmatch stuff on win32, or do we just push it into the Xft and
> FT2 backends.

The XFree fontmatch stuff already manages both FreeType and core X font
names; adding another scheme should be pretty easy.  I anticipate also
managing print-resident fonts with this stuff; the goal is to give the
system a single point for font configuration.

The current Xft matching stuff is modular enough to allow the font
substitution mechanism to be used along with a different font matching
stuff, that might be useful on Windows where applications have little
control over font selection.

keithp keithp com	 XFree86 Core Team		SuSE, Inc.