Re: g_utf8_collate case sensitivity

on 9/5/01 11:52 AM, Havoc Pennington at hp redhat com wrote:

> Of course, no one should be using the C locale anyhow...

Let me translate that into "how this affects Darin" language:

"It doesn't matter how Nautilus sorts when the locale is not set up
properly. If Nautilus users don't set their locale and they get
case-sensitive sorting in directory views, that's OK. That's their problem.
They configured their system wrong, so all bets are off."

    -- Darin

PS: One problem with this is that I installed Red Hat in the simple ordinary
way and for some reason my programs run in the "C" locale, not the "en_US"
(or whatever it should be). So it seems that I configured my system wrong.
Just out of curiosity, how should this be set up on a stock Red Hat system?