Signal ?

Hi everybody

i have a small problem with gtk. I have an entry-widget that is being
updated by an function called by

	 gtk_idle_add((GtkFunction)Messaging_Client, (gpointer)entry);

			/-----------/

	entry = gtk_entry_new_with_max_length(maxlength);    <--- this is my
text entry

   		/*	Function  Messaging Client   */

		 char *str =  g_strdup_printf ("%d", integer_value);
    		 gtk_entry_set_text (GTK_ENTRY(entry), str);

This updating is working fine but before updating I want to ask if a
user is actually editing in this entry-widget  to avoid autmatic
updating in this case...
Because now the user isn't able to edit the entry because it's always
updated before he is able to press enter :)

    regards

  Jan Hendrik Ribbat