Re: GtkStockItem ...

Michael Meeks <michael ximian com> writes:

> Hi there,
>
> 	The stock item stuff is really useful for the Bonobo UI handler,
> but it's very sadly lacking tooltips - which are really vital to a good
> menu / toolbar UI. This would ( it seems ) be quite easy to fix, but would
> add a field to the GtkStockItem struct.
>
> 	Is this interesting ? for an example of a UI without tooltips see
> libbonoboui/samples/bonoboui/bonobo-hello, it feels horribly wrong somehow
> :-) Of course, it's no real problem - we can manualy add each tooltip to
> each item, but it seems a shame not to have - since it's so easy.

I guess one question, which is more of a style question, is whether
it's possible to have useful tooltips that are generic:

That, is, for "Save", would I want the tooltip to be "Save" (that's
not useful is it?), or should it be:

  Save Document
  Save Configuration
  Save Image

Which of the GTK+ stock items would have useful generic tooltips?