Re: GTK_DESTROYED not set after gtk_object_destroy() ?

On Mon, 2001-10-08 at 02:03, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> murrayc t-online de (Murray Cumming) writes:
> > How can I tell the GtkObject that it shouldn't use any of it's
> > callbacks, so that I can safely free the C++ wrapper instance.
>
> Object methods are allowed to be called until the object has been
> finalized, so if calling methods involves touching the wrapper, you
> can't free the wrapper until the object is finalized.

And finalizing is something that happens, but which you can't request,
right? So there is no way to really kill an object like there was in
GTK+ 1.2? Then it sounds like we can not use local and class C++ wrapper
instances, which would be a disaster.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net