Re: Nested AC_CHECK_LIB and AC_CHECK_HEADER need brackets?

On 4 Oct 2001, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Tim Janik <timj gtk org> writes:
> > this reminds me of a required fix. the above MSG_WARN should be
> > an error, since we fail to build gtk without png support anyways.
> > (because pngs are the format used for our inlined images).
> > if someone tackled this, that'd be apprechiated.
>
> If we dist the inline pixbufs header, then we wouldn't require png for
> that.

leaving third party apps astray.
we should have at least one sufficient image format that third-party
apps can rely on having suppot for in an gtk environment, e.g. for
splash screens, icons and the like.
png seems to be very suited for that.
so simply making it mandatory seems like the better idea.

> Havoc

---
ciaoTJ