Re: [Usability] Re: RFE - API change from GtkMessageDialog to GtkAlert

On 26Nov2001 10:11PM (-0500), Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Maciej Stachowiak <mjs noisehavoc org> writes:
> > The only critical flaw with the current GtkMessageDialog API is that
> > it only allows button labels that come from a fairly small fixed set
> > (OK, Yes, No, Cancel, Close), and only in a restricted set of
> > combinations (for example three buttons are not possible).
>
> That's not the case - the fixed set is just for the convenience
> constructor, because the varargs were already used for the message, so
> we couldn't use the varargs for buttons.

OK, that was slightly non-obvious to me. In that case,
GtkMessageDialog has no critical problems. We'd have to make sure
developers know that they are not restricted to the predefined sets,
and probably should avoid using them as much as possible.

Regards,

Maciej