Re: [Usability] Re: RFE - API change from GtkMessageDialog to GtkAlert

On Tue, 2001-11-27 at 08:13, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Seth Nickell <snickell stanford edu> writes:
> > It would also be nice if it distinguished between main message and
> > secondary message. This can be done by the developer, but I think people
> > will be more likely to do it if its built-in to the dialog.
> >
> > http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/draft_hig/images/save_alert.png
>
> Just a matter of accepting markup in the dialog, then doing:
>
>  gtk_message_dialog_set_markup (dialog, "<b>main message</b>\n\nsecondary message");
>
> If we can't get in the API change (I doubt we can), then it's easily
> hacked around for now:
>
>   gtk_label_set_markup (dialog->label, markup);

Yeah, as I said "this can be done by the developer". I wouldn't advocate
this change as being important enough to break the API freeze. Just
adding this to the list-o-things it would be nice to change in the
GtkMessageDialog class.

-seth