Re: Unable to instantiate GtkTreeModelSort with g_object_new.

Tim Janik <timj gtk org> writes:

> On 18 Nov 2001, Owen Taylor wrote:
>

> > Jeff Franks <jcf tpg com au> writes:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I've noticed that you can't instantiate GtkTreeModelSort with
> > > g_object_new as there is no way the set the child_model. This wouldn't
> > > be an problem if the gtk_tree_model_sort_set_model() function declared
> > > in gtktreemodelsort.c were exported.
> >
> >  g_object_new (GTK_TYPE_TREE_MODEL_SORT, "model", model, NULL);
> >
> > The reason that there is no set_model() is that the model can't
> > be changed after construction... there would be lots of problems
> > if you had a ModelSort added to a tree view and then changed
> > the model of the ModelSort.
>
> then there needs to be a ::model property that is flagged as
> CONSTRUCT_ONLY.

There is:

  g_object_class_install_property (object_class,
                                   PROP_MODEL,
                                   g_param_spec_object ("model",
							_("TreeModelSort Model"),
							_("The model for the TreeModelSort to sort"),
							GTK_TYPE_TREE_MODEL,
							G_PARAM_READWRITE | G_PARAM_CONSTRUCT_ONLY));

-Jonathan