Two small incompatible changes
- From: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
- To: gtk-devel-list gnome org
- Cc: gnome-2-0-list gnome org
- Subject: Two small incompatible changes
- Date: 17 Nov 2001 19:34:29 -0500
Sat Nov 17 19:26:20 2001 Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
* gtk/gtkwindow.c (gtk_window_key_press_event): Reprioritize
key bindings in order of visibility: mnemonics, then
accelerators, then send key to the focus widget, then
bindings on the GtkWindow.
This one is is needed because:
- If widgets eat mnemonics (like entries eating Alt-F in GTK+-1.2)
it's quite confusing for the user.
- It makes it a lot easier to get accelerators right for embedding
since you don't have to send the key down to the widget, check
if it was handled, then back up. In fact, the XEMBED protocol
only works properly at all with this ordering.
I don't expect it to have any effect on GNOME-2.0 porting work;
it only affects programs with conflicting key bindings, and then
only in minor ways.
* gtk/gtklayout.h docs/Changes-2.0.txt tests/testgtk.c:
Removed the xoffset, yoffset fields of GtkLayout which were
identically zero for compat with 1.2, but were no longer
compatible with all uses of these fields in 1.2.
I decided it was less confusing to simply remove these fields
than leave them there for compat, since when I initially changed
these fields to be identically zero, there were various things
using these fields for, e.g., figuring out the scroll position,
The only use of these fields I could find in GNOME cvs was
gtkhtml, which has not yet been ported to GTK+-2.0, so I
expect no breakages from this.
] [Thread Prev