Re: Adding g_object_get_type?

on 11/10/01 9:17 AM, Tim Janik at timj gtk org wrote:

> i don't know what passing you're exactly talking about, but what about:
> C-Type: GtkObject
> Type:   GTK_TYPE_OBJECT
>
> and forget about *_get_type() variants that are not always present?

I think it's a waste of time to belabor this point on the list, because I
know it's not going to lead to any change to gtk, but just FYI. Here are the
four parameters used for this one macro:

    MyClass, my_class,
    GtkObject, GTK_TYPE_OBJECT

It would be *way* more elegant to have:

    MyClass, my_class,
    GtkObject, gtk_object

But anyway, lets not waste any more time on this. I thought you guys might
be receptive to adding a few trivial *_get_type functions to make the thing
slightly more orthogonal. If not, there's no need to waste a lot of time
discussing it.

    -- Darin