Re: Missing GtkDialog API function

Jeff Franks <jcf tpg com au> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I noticed that this function in GtkDialog is exported:
>
> GtkWidget* gtk_dialog_add_button(GtkDialog   *dialog,
> 				const gchar *button_text,
> 				gint        response_id);
>
> but this one is not:
>  static void gtk_dialog_add_buttons_valist (GtkDialog   *dialog,
>                                            const gchar *first_button_text,
>                                            va_list      args);
>
> I think it needs to be exported so Language bindings can call it rather than hacking its code. Would you like a patch that would fix this.

What good does a va_list argument do a language binding? You
can't create a va_list except from a call stack.

Language bindings are supposed to loop over the buttons
and call add_button()  ... it's less code in the language
binding than creating an array and calling some sort of
add_buttons_from_array() function.