Re: Button ordering
- From: Joel Becker <jlbec evilplan org>
- To: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
- Cc: gtk-devel-list gnome org, gnome-hackers gnome org, usability gnome org
- Subject: Re: Button ordering
- Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 20:40:50 +0000
On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 03:28:04PM -0500, Owen Taylor wrote:
> This is Mac style with the "action" button at the lower right
> hand corner, as opposed to what we've done in the past - Windows style
> with the default button at the left.
> [ Help ] [ Cancel ] [ OK ]
> [ Help ] [ OK ] [ Cancel ]
Hmm. Well, Apple has spent more money than some small nations
on testing this sort of stuff, but I've *never* felt comfortable with
the Mac style, so I'd have to vote for #2.
Any reason that the usability guidelines chose the former other
than "The Mac does it"?
"Lately I've been talking in my sleep.
Can't imagine what I'd have to say.
Except my world will be right
When love comes back my way."
jlbec evilplan org
] [Thread Prev