Re: win32 port

At 14:34 22.05.01 +0200, Vianney Lecroart wrote:
>I downloaded the last snapshot of gtk 1.3.5 for the gtk site and I tried to
>create win32 binaries with visual c++ 6.0
>
>I fixed lot of little things (like deprecated function that are always in
>the .dep files).
Where do these .dep files come from ? Something broken with your build
setup ?

>I got binaries for glib, pango
>but for the gtk I had a big problem. It seems that lot of functions like
>keyboard management are missing.

The missing file is gdkkeys-win32.c

>I took a look on the CVS and all win32 files are not there.

On which CVS(server) where you looking ? The file you are missing
was probably not in the gtk-1.3.5 snapshot, because it is
missing in makefile.am EXTRA_DIST.

But it is included in cvs.gnome.org since 2000-12-15.

>Could you tell me if somebody work on the win32 version with visual c++ or
>what do you plan for this version?

I'm trying to keep the win32 msc build up-to-date, but sometimes
there is more new stuff/breakage than I could handle ...

All this is done with hand-written makefiles for namke and the
compiler from Visual C++ (5.0/6.0), but not from the Developer
Studio (.dsp files).

	Hans