Re: gtk-all tarball, pkg-config changes to allow giant tarballs

On 17 May 2001, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> First, pkg-config will prefer the file foo-uninstalled.pc rather than
> foo.pc if you request the module 'foo'. The glib-2.0-uninstalled.pc.in
> file looks like this:

My thought would be for the generic pkgconfig m4 macro to add a
--with-PKG-prefix=PFX for each package (as gtk.m4 already does), and only
look there for an -uninstalled.pc.  That's pretty clean, I think, at least
for the simple case.  Sorry, I haven't had a chance to read the whole
thread re: megatarballs yet, I know there are other issues to worry about
there.  I'll be back <g>

      Erik Walthinsen <omega temple-baptist com> - System Administrator
        __
      _\  /_