Re: set of valid characters for type names

On Tue, 8 May 2001, Tim Janik wrote:

> "." is a normal struct/class operator i nmany languages.
> how are those bindings supposed to interface to
> type names that contain "."?

Well, in pygtk, typecodes are just treated as strings.  In the cases where
I want to use dots in type names, I doubt that other languages would be
involved.  Allowing dots would mean I could use more meaningful type
names, rather than having to mangle them.

> i'm somewhat in doubt about "+" already, "-"/"_" should at least
> normally be exchangable, and is just added convenience for scheme.

Well, neither `+' or `-' are valid characters as part of an identifier in
C or python.  Is it really worth going for lowest common denominator for
this?

James.

--
Email: james daa com au