Re: The future of GdkFont declarations

Jeff Franks <jcf tpg com au> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I was just wondering, since GdkFont is to be deprecated what will happen
> to all the GdkFont declarations that appear in other files, such as
> gtkfontsel.h, gtkstyle.h, gdkdrawable.h, gdkgc.h and gdktypes.h. Will
> these be changed to PangoFont or will GdkFont become a typedef for
> PangoFont.

GdkFont is being kept around for compatibility purposes, with the
caveat that you anything that uses it effectively wont' be portable
beyond X11 (Other ports may support it via bad hacks, but they
certainly aren't required to), and gets none of the advantages of
better text in GTK+-2.0.

So, all places that use it - are also being kept but deprecated.