Re: fonts for pango

Hi,

Cristian Prevedello <plasma prosa it> writes:

> if i run a gtk example i get the following message:
>
> Gdk-ERROR **: file gdkfont-fb.c: line 148 (gdk_font_from_description):
> assertion failed: ((font->ascent > 0) || (font->descent > 0))

The GTK+ example you are running uses deprecated GTK+ function that
rely on GDK fonts (which are essentially X fonts). The linux-fb backend
tries to emulate this. Your problem could be related to the following
two lines from gdkfont-fb.c which don't look correct to me:

  lang = pango_context_get_lang (context);
  pango_font_get_metrics (pango_font, "fr", &metrics);

Not only does it use a hardcoded language, it also leaks the result
from pango_context_get_lang().

Salut, Sven