Re: Problems with expose_event->region patch

On 9 Mar 2001, Owen Taylor wrote:

> Alexander Larsson <alla lysator liu se> writes:
> > This works for gtkclist, patch appended. Same way seems to be ok for
> > testgtk. But it seems harder to remove from gtktext.c, but on the other
> > hand, I'm totally lost in the gtktext code. Any ideas?
>
> Hmmm, actually, yeah, it would be hard to remove from gtktext.c
> since gtktext.c makes the optimization when you insert text
> in the middle of the screen of moving the bottom portion
> down instead of redrawing that.
>
> Now, the solution is just tot get rid of that optimization - we don't
> do it for GtkTextView and it doesn't matter. But consider the code in
> gtktext.c, I don't think the advantage of making
> gtk_widget_send_expose() private is worth the effort that would take.
I agree.

> Though I like the ratio of - to + in the GtkCList patch...

It also fixes AA overdraw problems, and contains a change that makes
horizontal scrolling of the column headers flash less (when scrolling
left). I'll gladly commit it if it is ok with you. (There are bugs in
bugzilla for both of these problems.)

/ Alex