Style convention question

	This is a quickie.  My apologies if it's not the best list for
this, but I know that the right people are here :).

	Why does Glib do this:

typedef struct _GFoo GFoo;
struct _GFoo {
	/* [...] */
};

	...instead of the more compact

typedef struct {
} GFoo;

	I don't see the "struct _GFoo"s anywhere in the code.  I asked a
veteran Unix programmer and he didn't know of any compilers that had
problems with the "typedef struct { /* stuff */ } GFoo;" format.

	Is this just a religous thing?  Or is there some
backwater-compiler that doesn't support the latter format?

Thanks,
Derek Simkowiak
dereks realloc net