PangoFontMetrics: approximate_[char|digit]_width

Hi Havoc,

you recently added two new fields to PangoFontMetrics and
implemented methods to set these values in the Pango X backend.
Since you mentioned other backends have to implement these
methods as well, I gave it a try for the FT2 backend today.
I'm wondering however what is the purpose of these fields. I
could not find any code in GTK/GDK using the fields, so if you
could give me a usage example, I could assure that I'm doing
the right thing before I commit the changes.

Salut, Sven