Re: Thoughts on an INACTIVATE state

Hi,

Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com> writes:

> In some cases, people want to draw widgets within unfocused
> toplevels in a different style than widgets within focused
> toplevels. (I'll use the term active/inactive for this,
> though it's rather confusing with GTK_STATE_ACTIVE.)

> So, how much are you dying to have this feature?

It would rock to have this since I'd love to make all windows
but the active one half-transparent and it would be much easier
to do this if GTK+ would provide a clean hook for this. IMHO
this should be implemented in a way that allows the theme
engines to do the dirty work.

BTW: I'm having problems with the pixbuf theme engine from CVS.
Is it supposed to work with current gtk from CVS? It seems to
screw up the type system pretty badly as I see lots of warnings
about wrong object casts before it dies.

Salut, Sven