Re: why so few themes are shipped with gnome-1.4?
- From: Alan Cox <alan redhat com>
- To: hvv hippo ru (Vlad Harchev)
- Cc: njh hawthorn csse monash edu au (Nathan Hurst), gtk-devel-list gnome org, gnome-devel-list gnome org, gnome-hackers gnome org
- Subject: Re: why so few themes are shipped with gnome-1.4?
- Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 17:05:26 -0500 (EST)
> I have an impression that scaling pixmaps (very common task required for
> pixmap engine) is very time consuming and that writing it using MMX for x86
> will gain some performance boost. So, I don't think that bad MM is that
> guilty. Though I didn't profile of course.
Better to get X to do it of course, but a GL canvas isnt a gnome 1.4 option 8)
] [Thread Prev