Re: Xinerama support

Hi Matthias,

>Hi,
>
>here is a patch to make gtk+ Xinerama-aware. Its against the gtk-multihead
>branch, since
>the GdkScreen introduced in that branch seems like a natural place to store
>the Xinerama
>information.
>
>The patch adds the necessary configury to detect and use libXinerama, the
>necessary
>GdkScreen API to request Xinerama info. It changes the behaviour of
>GTK_WIN_POS_CENTER
>to always center on the head containing the pointer (or the first head, if
>the pointer is in "dead" space),
>and it changes gtk_menu_position to ensure that menus are restricted to a
>single head.
>
>Could this be considered for inclusion in the multihead branch ?

It is a bit too early as the multihead API is still in flux
and will change before being merged in with the HEAD.

Also, AFAIK the Xinerama API is not standardized so we'll need
to add checks to figure out this implementation we have to deal with.

I'll give you a shout when the multihead API is stable.

Thanks

Erwann

[ I speak for myself, not for my employer. ]
  Erwann Chénedé, Sun Microsystems Ireland
  Desktop Applications & Middleware Group