Re: Notification of row expansion and row collapsed in GtkTreeView

"Padraig O'Briain" <Padraig Obriain Sun COM> writes:

> I am trying to obtain notification of when a row in a GtkTreeView is expanded or
> collapsed. I have found the signals "expand_row" and "collapse_row".
>
> However, it seems to me that these signals are emitted before the row is
> actually expanded or collapsed. Is there a reason why this signal could not be
> emitted after the actual expansion or collapse?

These signals are emitted just prior to expansion/collapse to give
listeners a chance to prevent the action (ie, by returning TRUE in a signal
handler.)

> If I want to be notified after the actual expansion, do I need a new signals in
> GtkTreeView or can I call gtk_idle_add() in the signal handler for say,
> expand_row, to ensure that the row is actually expanded?

What do you want to do once it's open??  We may have to add a new signal
here, though I'm curious what you have got planned.

Thanks,
-Jonathan