#50218 - notification on write-only properties is questionable

Hi Tim,

Do you remember what we decided to do about this?

Things that were discussed including:

 - Warning on g_object_notify() on a !READABLE property

 - Silently doing nothing on g_object_notify() on a !READABLE
   property.

 - Adding an extra flag NONOTIFY that could be used to
   mark READABLE properties as also not getting notification.

I'm in favor of doing the first, because I think if you
explicitely write g_object_notify(), you are assumming
that something is going to happen, and a warning message
is going to help you track down this bug earlier.

I'm not in favour of the last, because I can't think of
where it would be useful - why should some particular
readable property not have notification?

I'll let you make the final decision on this one.