GValue questions

I'd like to use GValues for a lot of parameter storing in GStreamer but have
just realised that it doesn't store guint64. We use this type a lot for
storing timestamps.

Is this an oversight or was it deliberate? GValue does store a gdouble so
there is already space for a 64 bit type.

I guess it would be useful to have g[u]int8/16/32 in there as well.

On a related note, it would be nice if the GValue get/set functions were
actually implemented as macros. I can't see a reason why they shouldn't be
and the performance boost would be significantly useful for a project like
GStreamer.

cheers