Re: gtksignal.c: g_return_if_fail (GTK_IS_OBJECT (object));

On Friday, July 20, 2001, at 03:39  AM, Michael Natterer wrote:

So, when we finally derive GimpObject from GObject instead of GtkObject,
we have to replace all gtk_signal_foo() stuff with g_signal_foo() stuff
at the same time, which of course makes porting of huge SW packages
like the GIMP much more painful.

Just a side note, not a response to your main point.

You don't have to do both changes at the same time. You can port from gtk_signal_foo to g_signal_foo first, then do the GtkObject to GObject change.

    -- Darin