gtksignal.c: g_return_if_fail (GTK_IS_OBJECT (object));

Hi all,

today, when porting another few GIMP objects to GObject, I noticed
that all wrappers in gtksignal.c use g_return_if_fail (GTK_IS_OBJECT (object));

I doubt this is overly useful because all functions would work
with g_return_if_fail (G_IS_OBJECT (object));

So, when we finally derive GimpObject from GObject instead of GtkObject,
we have to replace all gtk_signal_foo() stuff with g_signal_foo() stuff
at the same time, which of course makes porting of huge SW packages
like the GIMP much more painful.

IMHO using G_IS_OBJECT(obj) in gtksignal.c would not break anything
as not a singla function there really needs a GtkObject.

Opinions?

ciao,
--Mitch