Re: Gtk 1.2.10 & Xft

On Mon, 2 Jul 2001, Aleksandr Koltsoff wrote:

 Hello,

 It seems that you may be interested in using gtk with russian. If yes, keep
in mind that gtk-1.2.9 is completely broken at supporting russian (at least
koi8-*) (you won't be able to cut& paste strings with russian, and also you'll
see some rubbish in titlebars of windows) (though there are some patches to
1.2.9 that fix both these issues - I can send you them - and other than these
fixable problems with koi8-r gtk-1.2.9 pretty good). Also it seems that
there were no AA patches for gtk that are i18n friendly - so be aware that you
won't be able to use patched gtk with non-latin1 texts.

PS: I don't have Xrender-enabled X server and card, so I can't help you
further.

 Best regards,
  -Vlad