Re: deprecation (and a perl hacking task)

Mikael Hermansson <mikeh bahnhof se> writes:
> IMHO. Some of the most important things is to remove all examples/demos
> etc...
> wish is using the deprecated widgets (gtktext/gtktree/gtkctree and so
> on...)
>
> And why not simply ignore to install the documentations for those widgets?

Well, the tests in testgtk are still important - we have to be sure
the widgets continue to work. demos/* doesn't have deprecated stuff.

The docs are useful I think - lots of apps still use the widgets, so
anyone hacking those apps will need them. Also I think it's less
confusing if the docs say "deprecated, use foo instead" rather than
simply not existing...

Havoc