Re: gtk+ security hole. (fwd)

On Wed, Jan 03, 2001 at 12:36:47AM -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Alan Olsen <alan clueserver org> writes:
> > This was the proposed fix for the problem. Use or discard as you see
> > fit...
> >

> This "hole" has come up a number of times, it is a known feature of
> GTK+. The official position is that it is not a bug. Owen wrote
> up an Official Final Answer On Why This Is Not A Bug to post to
> Bugtraq tomorrow.

OK, thanks for the explanation Owen, it just came by on BugTraq. Is the
URL you put in the message (http://www.gtk.org/setuid.html) somewhere
linked from the GTK+ site? I couldn't find it, but I admit I gave up
after the FAQ and the tutorial ;-).

Erik

Phone: +31-15-2783635  Fax: +31-15-2781843  Email: J A K Mouw its tudelft nl