Re: --gtk-unbuffered

At 19:12 25.02.01 -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:

>Hans Breuer <hans breuer org> writes:
>> It isn't, but it is a major drawback to identify real bottlenecks.
>> Seven (!) seconds from clicking the labels button in testgtk until first
>> complete rendering of the labels window seems a little bit undifferent to
>> be optimized. Btw: this was measured with a stop watch.
>>
>> With switched of double buffering one could see which of all the labels are
>> rendered that slow.
>
>Have you tried --gtk-debug=updates for this?

Yeah, just a moment ago. But I haven't managed to see any effect in
testgtk, which is still my test app. After reading the docs for
gdk_window_set_debug_updates () I'm even expecting, that it would be a bug,
if I could find an effect in testgtk ?

A moment later: Nice effect, the selectable button invalidates the wrong
region on win32, seems to be not with the right x offset but simply x=0.
Just another bug ...

Thanks,
	Hans