Re: pkg-config and glib

    Owen> Wolfgang Sourdeau <wolfgang contre com> writes:

    Owen> I'm sorry - are you saying that it is cleaner to rewrite everything
    Owen> from scratch every time?

    Owen> Yes, pkg-config could have been written in hand-coded assembly using
    Owen> syscalls directly.

Well, you want to be a real hacker ? Then you must do it with electric
wires directly on the pins of your microprocessor.

Seriously, this is not what I mean. But having a subset of a library
being statically linked into an application is not the right way to go
in my opinion. pkg-config could right away depend on glib and that is it.

Glib is nice enough that people could be interested in coding with it,
that is an additionnal opportunity to know it. Console-based programs
should make use of it as much as possible. At least for new programs.

A less than 200Kb dependency (runtime+dev. packages) is not that much
to depend on.

Wolfgang