Re: selectable labels

srlytle_list yahoo com writes:
> i can't claim to understand gtk_focus too well. i've used it a lot,
> but i almost never get it right the first time, and what i typically
> end up doing is telling everyone that they can't focus, and then
> hand out keypresses at the application level myself with a simple
> state engine. thus if my thinking is flawed the above might not make
> any sense. still, i think something more fundemental than the proposed
> "don't use alt-anything" is needed, and i think the fundemental
> problem is the ability of a widget to grab focus, and never give
> it up. notice the final sentence of the original post:

Well, you can move focus out of the text widget with Ctrl-Tab. So
there's already a way to do that. There's no concept in GTK for what
Ctrl-Esc would do - GTK doesn't know what the menubar for a given
toplevel actually is. This will change when we get a chance to sort of
rework menus and accelerators, but for now there's no way to implement
Ctrl-Esc as "jump to menubar."

Note that GTK 1.2 has this broken-ass concept of a "nothing is
focused" state, where focus is I guess on the toplevel window; this is
nuked in GTK 2, some child widget is always the focus widget.

Havoc