Re: selectable labels

Havoc Pennington wrote:

> I think boilerplate examples for all the main things you want to do
> will get us really far, so people can just copy those without having
> to understand it. e.g. we want to take demos/gtk-demo which is our
> installed demo/tutorial program, and fully keyboard-enable that.

Absolutely.  Personally I've always been in favour of including code
samples in UI style guides, too (depending on who they're primarily
aimed at, but on a project like this it's fair to say the biggest
audience for a while to come will be hackers).  It can make the doc
maintenance a bit of a pain if APIs start changing, but I'd guess our
style guide will be first and foremost an online resource, so it should
be easier to keep up to date.  But anyway, I guess those sort of things
are for Arlo and the Eazel guys to decide.

> The problem there is that GtkText eats the Alt-f as "move forward
> word." Our new rule is that the editable widgets don't get to use Alt-
> shortcuts by default (but Emacs die-hards can set them to do so in
> their .gtkrc).

Cool... that'll give me something positive to write in my accessibility
assessment of gnotepad, then :)

Cheeri,
Calum.