Re: Request for patch testing

On Mon, Feb 19, 2001 at 07:31:24PM -0500, Owen Taylor wrote:

> The attached path is an attempt to fix:
>
>  http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug?id=1704
>
> Which is a bug where you can't copy text including CR characters (a
> DOS text file, say), between text widgets.
>
> The bug came from some bad behavior in the X library, and, unfortunately
> for my ability to test this patch, the problem was fixed in XFree86
> recently.
>
> So, if you are running an XFree86 release older than 4.0.2, and would
> like to:
>
>  - Try copying text from a DOS-line-terminated file from one GtkText
>    widget to another to see if you can reproduce the bug.
>
>  - If so, try applying this patch to GTK+ (the stable gtk-1-2 branch, or
>    1.2.9pre1), and see if it fixes the problem.
>
> I'd appreciate it.
>
> Thanks,
>                                         Owen

I'm trying to reproduce the bug on redhat 7.0
The bug seems to say that you can't copy at all when a \r is in the text. I can copy it, but the \r seems to be taken out. Same result with the 4.0.1 server and the 3.3.6 (+ 33 releases of patches ;)) SVGA server.

I'm not familiar with text widgets or copy/paste at all. I just created an app with two gtktexts, set one editable, gtk_text_inserted a string ending in \r\n (with NULL for the 2nd 3rd and 4th parameters) in the other, and tried to copy.