Re: range inversion

Jay Cox <jaycox gimp org> writes:
> It seems to me that inverted is only one of many mappings that
> would be usefull in the range widget.  There are many instances
> where I would find a range widget that used a log or sqrt mapping
> for the slider position usefull.

The way to do that is the way we've done it for the spin button,
with the input/output signals that let you substitute your own text
for each value. Then it's extensible. I think we're sort of in "punt
features" mode though, so I don't know if that will happen.

> to display some indication when it does not have a linear mapping.
> Perhaps a triangular slider?
>
> <gratuitous_feature_request>
> Wouldn't it be nice if GtkRange widgets could display a marker
> showing the original position of the slider while draging?
> </gratuitous_feature_request>

I'm not sure about those, certainly one of those "hard to say" UI
questions. ;-)

All these things are worth sticking in bugzilla, anyhow, so they don't
get lost.

Havoc