fonts, the dillo browser, gtk 2.0

I decided to take a stab at making the dillo web browser (dillo.sourceforge.net) compile under gtk 1.3.x this afternoon. Most of it compiled with a very minimal set of changes, but as I haven't been keeping up with changes to GTK, I fell off the end of the world pretty fast, and have since been searching the FAQ and mailing lists with little success. I'm currently reading up on pango and looking in example code, but any help you can provide....

The biggest change in GTK 1.3.x seems to be the font handling. OK, style->font doesn't exist anymore. The doc says most of the functions that give you a GdkFont are depriciated, presumably replaced by pango versions. Is there anything resembling a cookbook for porting apps forward from 1.2.x to 1.3.x?

make -k - reports only 12^2 lines of errors to fix...