- From: Joel Becker <jlbec evilplan org>
- To: Raja R Harinath <harinath cs umn edu>
- Cc: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>, frb ximian com, gtk-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: --include-deps
- Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 00:36:10 +0100
On Mon, Aug 20, 2001 at 03:38:37PM -0500, Raja R Harinath wrote:
> BTW, the '--include-deps' option is misleading: it is used to
> _prevent_ the inclusion of the dependency tracking mechanism. Maybe
> you should put in a comment.
It isn't misleading. "Include deps" means, "include the
dependancies in the makefile" rather than letting the compiler figure it
out. While most compilers can output dependancy information, some (xlc
is the one I added) cannot do it during the compile. Instead you get
to choose either "output dependancies" or "compile".
"Hell is oneself, hell is alone, the other figures in it, merely projections."
- T. S. Eliot
jlbec evilplan org
] [Thread Prev