Re: --include-deps

On Mon, Aug 20, 2001 at 03:38:37PM -0500, Raja R Harinath wrote:
> BTW, the '--include-deps' option is misleading: it is used to
> _prevent_ the inclusion of the dependency tracking mechanism.  Maybe
> you should put in a comment.

	It isn't misleading.  "Include deps" means, "include the
dependancies in the makefile" rather than letting the compiler figure it
out.  While most compilers can output dependancy information, some (xlc
is the one I added) cannot do it during the compile.  Instead you get
to choose either "output dependancies" or "compile".

Joel

--

"Hell is oneself, hell is alone, the other figures in it, merely projections."
        - T. S. Eliot

			http://www.jlbec.org/
			jlbec evilplan org