Re: non-64bit platforms? (Re: g[u]int64 GValues (was GValue questions))

Hi!

> > > right, but afaik, 64bit ints are not supported on all system/compiler versions
> > > that glob runs on. at least historically this has been an issue, which is why
> > > we special-case guint64 definitions in glib based on a configure.in check.
> > > i'm not quite sure where 64bit ints fail nowadays though, irrc, orbit
> > > has a hard dependancy on 64bit ints for quite some time now and runs on a
> > > bunch of systems.
> >
> > Midnight commander (even text edition) depends on glib, and it really
> > wants to be portable to obscure systems... Try to ask on mc-devel if
> > all platforms do have 64-bit integers...
>
> All**1 platforms with gcc do. And practicly all 'long long' using code out
> there relies on it being 64 bits, so it's unlikely that gcc ports would
> use some other size for it.

I'm afraid that mc is use even on platforms that lack gcc... This
still might be a problem.
								Pavel
--
I'm pavel ucw cz  "In my country we have almost anarchy and I don't care."
Panos Katsaloulis describing me w.r.t. patents at discuss linmodems org